Why Join AETA?
The benefits of being a member of AETA are:
- four teaching journals each year
- a conference every two years
- opportunity to take part in overseas enrichment trips
- availability of in-servicing and sharing of expertise.
Membership of the Association provides opportunities for you to:
- meet and mix with teachers of like-minded commitment and interest
- share resources, strategies and units of work, K-12
- tap into a wealth of knowledge and expertise about the Asia region
- broaden understandings of the possibilities provided by syllabuses for the inclusion of an Asian Perspective
- contribute to the teaching resource (journal) and newsletter
- travel overseas as a tour facilitator or participant
- present at workshops and conferences
- participate in all professional development opportunities offered
- work with teachers from different levels of education
- lobby for the provision of subjects in our curriculum to have an Asian focus
- contribute to the management and organisation of the Association in a variety of ways e.g. taking on an
- executive role, assisting with mail-outs
- build rewarding relationships with a variety of organisations
- keep your interest and excitement in teaching alive and
- meet great people!
To make inquiries about membership or to contact the Secretary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.